For more than 20 years, Attorney Jeffrey C. Grass has fought hard for people who face criminal charges in the Dallas, Texas area. He has built his business around the concept that everyone deserves the opportunity to pursue their dreams. The law firm he established reflects that core value. Jeffrey C. Grass knows about hard work and dedication. He takes pride in helping his clients and overseeing his practice. He also believes in supporting college students, even if they do not have the financial means to achieve their goals. We are blessed to live in a country where we are free to pursue our dreams. When college students receive an education and training, they often face financial struggles. Sometimes that financial burden is more than a student can manage, and they cannot afford to continue their education.
Most students will take advantage of financial aid, but it is never enough. They soon discover that student loans are only a temporary solution. Student loans must be paid back, and the payments usually begin when many adults are starting their careers. That is why the Law Offices of Jeffrey C. Grass has established The 2016 Grass Law Firm Scholarship. Any student with financial need can apply for this $500 scholarship. This is the firm’s way of giving back to the community and investing in the future leaders of our nation. The scholarship does not require reimbursement, and it can be used for any cost related to your education.
We encourage you to submit your application. No fee to apply.
Students that meet the following criteria can apply for the 2016 scholarship offer:
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States, OR they must have a permanent and legal residence in the United States.
- Applicants must have earned less than $35,000 in 2015.
- Applicants must have an active email address.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled (part-time or full-time) as an undergraduate or graduate student.
Essay Topics & Submission Types
Applicants must submit a high-quality essay. The essay must be 100% original work, written by the applicant in their own words.
Suggested Essay Topics:
What has been the biggest challenge you’ve faced while pursuing your education and what made it so difficult?
- Who has been your greatest inspiration and why?
- What is the best advice you ever received as a young adult?
- If you could ask any single question and get the answer, what would you ask?
- What was the hardest decision you’ve made since starting college?
A video submission for the scholarship can be submitted instead of a written essay. The video should be 3-10 minutes long. Submit the entire video or the link to the host site with your essay. This is optional and not a requirement to be considered.
Video format: (.MP4 OR .FLX OR .AVI OR .WMV OR .MOV)
Essays must be 100% authentic and written in your own words. It should be submitted in PDF or Microsoft Word format (.PDF, .DOC, .DOCX).
Essays must be typed, single-spaced using a 12-point font.
Winner Selection & Recognition
The winner will be chosen one week after the deadline date. The winner will be announced by email. Payment in the form of a check will be sent via United States Postal service.
Deadline for submission: December 31, 2016 with the next deadline being March 31st 2017.
Please follow these guidelines and review your submission before sending it in:
- Complete your essay or video, if you are using that option.
- Submit your essay or video via email to [email protected]
- Include your high school or college GPA.
- Type “Scholarship Submission” as your subject line.
- Your submission must include your essay or video (provide the URL to where the video is hosted) your name, age, and your mailing address.
- The winner will be notified by email. You will be given specific instructions on how to claim your scholarship award. (Identification will be required).
Commonly Asked Questions
How many times can I apply?
Each applicant can only apply once.
Do I have to have a high GPA?
While there are no minimum GPA requirements, a GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred.
How can I check on my application?
Please use email to inquire on the receipt of your application. Once it is received, you must wait until the winner is announced. Please do not call our office for any updates.
What if I do not use email and Facebook?
The applicant must abide by the requirements outlined. If you do not have an email address, please set up a free account via yahoo, gmail or any other free provider.
Can I apply even if I do not have a strong financial need?
While we encourage every student to take advantage of programs to assist them in their education, this scholarship is designed to help students that require financial assistance.
Can I re-submit my essay?
If you have revised or corrected your essay and would like to resubmit it before the deadline, you may do so. Use the same submission instructions listed above, adding the word “edited” to the subject line.