For more than 20 years, Attorney Jeffrey C. Grass has fought hard for people who face criminal charges in the Dallas, Texas area. He has built his business around the concept that everyone deserves the opportunity to pursue their dreams. The law firm he established reflects that core value. Jeffrey C. Grass knows about hard work and dedication. He takes pride in helping his clients and overseeing his practice. He also believes in supporting college students, especially when they do not have the financial means to achieve their goals. We are blessed to live in a country where we are free to pursue our dreams. When college students receive an education and training, they often struggle to pay for their degree. Sometimes that financial burden is more than a student can manage, and they cannot afford to continue their education.
Most students will take advantage of financial aid, but it is never enough. They soon discover that student loans are only a temporary solution. Student loans must be repaid, and the payments usually begin when many adults are starting their careers. For this reason, the Law Offices of Jeffrey C. Grass has established The 2017 Grass Law Firm Scholarship. Any student with a financial need can apply for this $500 scholarship. This is the law firm’s way of giving back to the community and investing in the future leaders of our nation. The scholarship does not require the winner to repay the award, and it can be used for any cost related to your education.
We encourage you to submit your application. It is free to apply!
Requirements of Eligibility
If you are interested in applying for the 2017 Grass Law Firm Scholarship, please meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or authorized to live as a permanent resident in the U.S.
- Must gross an annual income of less than $35,000 in 2015.
- Must provide your current email address and Facebook profile.
- Must be enrolled in college as a part-time or full-time student (undergraduate or graduate).
Requirements of Scholarship Application
Applicants must submit a university-level essay about one of the following topics. The essay must be written by the applicant and cannot include any plagiarized material.
Essay Topics & Submission Types
Applicants must submit a high-quality essay. The essay must be 100% original work, written by the applicant in their own words.
Suggested Essay Topics:
- What challenge have you overcome while pursuing your college education?
- Who has been your greatest inspiration and why?
- What is the best advice you ever received as a young adult?
- What type of job would you like to have after graduation?
- What was the hardest decision you’ve made since starting college?
Essays must be typed (12-point font and single-spaced) and written in the applicant’s own words. Please format essays as either a PDF or Microsoft Word Document.
Video Essay Response (Optional)
A video response about one of the essay topics can be submitted instead of a written essay. The video should range in length between 3-10 minutes. Send the entire video or the link/URL to the host site for your original video. This video is only optional and not a requirement to be selected as the winner.
If you are selected as the winner, you will receive an email confirmation one week after the deadline. Once you provide your identification, the law firm will mail you a check for the $500 scholarship award.
Application Deadline: April 31, 2017
How To Apply
Please follow these guidelines and review your submission before sending it:
- Attach your essay or video to the application, and email it to
- Please provide your name, age, address, GPA, and the link/URL to your Facebook account or video hosting.
- Include the subject line “Scholarship Submission” in your email.
- All applications sent before the deadline will be reviewed. The winner will receive an email approximately one week after the scholarship deadline ends. The email will contain instructions to help the winner claim the $500 scholarship. (ID is required).
Questions About The 2017 Scholarship
1. Can I submit my essay again?
No. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants, each student can only apply once per year. If you need to submit a revised copy of your application, please follow the same application requirements and resend it before the deadline along with the email subject line “Edited.”
2. Can I call or visit the law firm to find out if I won?
No. All correspondence must be sent by email. All questions or inquiries about a scholarship should be sent to Jeffrey.Grass.Attorney@gmail.com. No letters, calls, or face-to-face visits will receive updates.
3. Is a Facebook account required?
Yes. Applicants must provide the URL to their Facebook profile to be considered for the scholarship. If you do not have a Facebook profile, please set up a free account at Facebook.com.
4. If I already receive financial aid for college, can I win this scholarship?
This scholarship was designed to help students struggling to pay for the rising cost of college. However, any applicant can be selected if they meet the eligibility requirements and follow the application guidelines.
5. How can I apply for the scholarship?
All applications (essays and videos) must be sent electronically via email. No hard copy applications will be reviewed.
6. Can I include any visual effects, music, pictures, or statistics in my video?
Yes. Videos can be unique, but all submissions must follow the application requirements and include a link/URL to the video host site.